Remember that even one meal counts! Here are some resources that will help you find delicious environmentally friendly meal choices whether you’re committing to Meatless Mondays, trying your first veggie burger, or buying more local, package-free foods.
Looking for local foods? Check out the Wellesley Farmers’ Market powered by Farmers to You!
Want to buy bulk? Whole Foods has tons of options, and it’s as easy as bringing your own bulk bags, conveniently sold right there. It saves money as well as plastic!
Why eat more plants? Check out this graphic from the Environmental Working Group to see what a big impact you can have by finding some meatless and dairy free recipes to add to your routine! You can download their full PDF here: Meat Eater’s Guide to Climate Change + Health. You can also watch the environmental food film PlanEat online.
It’s easier than ever to eat more plant-based meals!
Popular Plant-Based Recipe Blogs
- lighter.world – meal planning platform with healthy recipes, food preference filters, menu creation, and Instacart integration for grocery delivery
- Forks Over Knives Meal Planner – free meal planning with a different 5 day meal plan every week, customizable to your family’s preferences and dietary restrictions. It even has an optional weekend prep planner to make your weeknights easier.
Nutrition & Health
- pcrm.org – The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is one of the most well-respected and comprehensive guides to plant-based eating health and nutrition
- nutritionfacts.org – quick video and blog summaries of the latest research on food and health
- Documentary: Forks Over Knives
Finding Restaurants that offer plant-based meals
- happycow.net – online database (and app) listing vegetarian, vegan and veg-friendly restaurants by zip code
Cookbooks – Visit the Wellesley Free Library and Browse 641.5636, they have over 40 plant-based cookbooks on location, and can inter-library loan almost any cookbook on the market by leveraging the Minuteman library network!
Dining around town:
Here are just a few options in Wellesley, but many places in town offer delicious plant-focused meals. Try something new!