Our helpful Recycling and Disposal Facility wants to remind Wellesley residents of the following dates:
– Sunday 9/23 11am – 3pm Shredding Event
– Saturday 10/6 9am – 1pm Last Paint Drop-off Day until the Spring
– Monday 10/8 All Day Closed for Columbus Day
by Administrator March 12, 2018 Bags biogas container diverting food waste enery food waste free landfills RDF
Join over 470 families who are already dropping their food waste off at the RDF where it is transferred to a facility that converts it to biogas.
This biogas becomes a local renewable energy source that is substituted for natural gas. Diverting this food waste from landfills helps reduce the release of destructive methane gas.
The RDF eliminates the “yuk factor” by providing a free countertop container to collect the food waste, bags to line the container and a sealable collection bucket to store the food waste until the next trip to the RDF. More information is contained on the attached flyer or call Ellen Korpi at 781 772-2045.
This program is sponsored by the Town’s 3R Working Group (Department of Public Works, Sustainable Energy Committee and The Natural Resources Commission).
by Phyllis Theermann September 18, 2017 Boston Building Resources building materials Drug Take Back Hazardous Products Collection RDF shredding wellesley police department
With Fall in the air, you may be doing some housecleaning. Here are a few resources for you to dispose and share some small, medium and large items in your home. Have other ideas/suggestions. Please let us know.
– PRESCRIPTIONS – Got medicines that you are not taking and/or are expired? Please dispose of them safely and properly by bringing them to the Wellesley Police Department’s drug take-back container.
– PAINT? PAPER? – Sunday, Oct. 1 there is a Shredding Event at the RDF and Paint Collection Day is Sat., Oct. 7.
– BUILDING MATERIALS – If you have a home improvement project on your fall agenda, you may end up with leftover building materials that are in good shape. If you don’t need it, but it can be reused, consider donating to the Reuse Center at Boston Building Resources (a 501(c)(3) charity) so someone else can use your item for home maintenance, repairs, or improvements.
Cabinetry, appliances, windows, doors, bathroom fixtures, lumber, flooring, electrical, tools, hardware, tile … whether it’s gently used, a misorder, or you just bought too much, your unneeded items can help someone else improve their home.
Keep good-quality materials out of the landfill
Save on disposal fees
Pick-up service available
Fill out a materials donation offer form – material and financial gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.