by Administrator April 8, 2019 Hazardous Household Waste hours paint reducing Reusing and Recycling shredding Wellesley Recycling and Disposal Facility
The Wellesley Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) starts its spring events schedule beginning on Saturday, April 6. Please note these important upcoming dates:
Sunday hours – (now through November 2019) from 11 AM to 3 PM
Reusables Area opens – Thursday, April 11 from 7 AM – 3:45 PM
RDF CLOSED for Patriot’s Day – Monday, April 15 ALL DAY
Paint Recycling – Saturday, May 4 from 9 AM to 1 PM
Hazardous Household Waste & Document Shredding Day – Sunday, May 5 from 9 AM to 3 PM
RDF CLOSED for Memorial Day – Monday, May 27 ALL DAY
Regular hours for the RDF are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 7 AM to 12 Noon
Thursday and Friday from 7 AM to 3:45 PM
Saturday from 7 AM to 4:45 PM
Thank you for Reducing, Reusing and Recycling!
Our helpful Recycling and Disposal Facility wants to remind Wellesley residents of the following dates:
– Sunday 9/23 11am – 3pm Shredding Event
– Saturday 10/6 9am – 1pm Last Paint Drop-off Day until the Spring
– Monday 10/8 All Day Closed for Columbus Day
by Phyllis Theermann September 18, 2017 Boston Building Resources building materials Drug Take Back Hazardous Products Collection RDF shredding wellesley police department
With Fall in the air, you may be doing some housecleaning. Here are a few resources for you to dispose and share some small, medium and large items in your home. Have other ideas/suggestions. Please let us know.
– PRESCRIPTIONS – Got medicines that you are not taking and/or are expired? Please dispose of them safely and properly by bringing them to the Wellesley Police Department’s drug take-back container.
– PAINT? PAPER? – Sunday, Oct. 1 there is a Shredding Event at the RDF and Paint Collection Day is Sat., Oct. 7.
– BUILDING MATERIALS – If you have a home improvement project on your fall agenda, you may end up with leftover building materials that are in good shape. If you don’t need it, but it can be reused, consider donating to the Reuse Center at Boston Building Resources (a 501(c)(3) charity) so someone else can use your item for home maintenance, repairs, or improvements.
Cabinetry, appliances, windows, doors, bathroom fixtures, lumber, flooring, electrical, tools, hardware, tile … whether it’s gently used, a misorder, or you just bought too much, your unneeded items can help someone else improve their home.
Keep good-quality materials out of the landfill
Save on disposal fees
Pick-up service available
Fill out a materials donation offer form – material and financial gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.