Sustainable Wellesley’s next Action Meeting is Sunday, March 22, from 1 to 3 pm.
Join fellow Sustainable Wellesley members working to bring greater sustainability to our town. We will gather at Quentin’s home, 75 Emerson Road, in Wellesley. We meet every two months and are organized into small teams that really get things done!
We encourage you to share your ideas, creativity, and energy to any of the following topics our teams are working on:
- Sustainable Living Festival – This team is organizing an amazing event for Saturday, May 16, 10 am to 3 pm, at the Wellesley Municipal Light Plant. Co-sponsored by the MLP and Green Needham.
- Recycling – This team is working with members of the Natural Resources Commission and Sustainable Energy Committee to develop initiatives to increase recycling in Wellesley, including the “Garbology 101” workshop on April 16, 9 to 11 am.
- Home Energy Use Competition – Team members are working on a competition to promote more efficient energy use in Wellesley homes.
- Town Planning – This group is considering ways to participate in Town government and to stay informed about sustainability issues that come before Town boards.
Email email@example.com for more information, let us know you will be joining in, or simply swing by on Sunday.
Sustainable Wellesley is working to make sustainable choices second nature for all us. We need your support to make that happen. Here is a list of fun, interesting, small and big job descriptions where you can make a difference within the community in which we all live, work, and play.
Email info@SustainableWellesley.com to let us know what YOU want to do. THANKS.
- CRAFTY: BUILD A WINDMILL FOR OUR PARADE FLOAT: Please help us create a renewable powered transportation parade float. Our vision is a Chevy Volt pulling a trailer (using renewable energy) with a crafted windmill and a sign for Wellesley’s Power to Choose program. You build the windmill, we provide Volt. Together we can promote clean, renewable powered transportation.
- SPORTY: WALK/ RIDE YOUR BIKE NEXT TO OUR FLOAT on Sunday, May 17th: We need kids and parents on bikes with school bags, sports stuff and walking with our Sustainable Wellesley banner.
- 2 HOUR FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Help us make our festival run smoothly on Saturday, May 16. A variety of jobs and time slots available to fit your schedule. Simply find the one that works for you and add your name to this sign up list. No experience necessary. Just bring enthusiasm and willingness to help out.
- 2 HOUR SHIFTS AT THE STEM EXPO on SATURDAY MARCH 28 10-2. No experience necessary. We will fill you in before hand to answer all of your questions. Please simply bring enthusiasm and willingness to smile and talk to people.
- KNOW COMPANIES THAT CAN DONATE RAFFLE ITEMS? Do you know local companies that would be willing to donate a raffle prize to the Sustainable Living Festival? We are looking for raffle prizes that have a sustainable twist. Thanks for asking around for products and service raffle items. Email us at info@SustaianbleWellesley.com with information.
Please Save The Date Saturday, May 16 10-3pm at the MLP.
Lots of great exhibitors are lined up for the Sustainable Living Festival. Stay tuned for specifics on Speaker Highlights, Workshops and bring your children so they can enjoy the Kids Zone.
Look for great ideas and inspiration from experts in the following fields:
Electric Car Dealers
Non Toxic health care