You are invited to participate in the Art in the Park -- now called "Art in the Home." Due to the Coronavirus, the committee is moving the amazing annual Art in the Park event onto a digital platform for the whole month of May.
All you need is:
• Paper or Cardboard - they suggest reusing the card board from deliveries in your home (Suggested size: 8x8, 10x 10 or 15x15)
• Any material that you can find at home: Markers, Paint, Pictures, Crayons, Mixed Media
How to Get Started:
Reflect for a moment on how you have experienced the last few weeks.
• Did you discover new hobbies?
• How has the virus affected you and your family?
• Have you enjoyed the slowness of life?
• Did you discover silver linings or develop super- powers?
• These are unprecedented times and all feelings are allowed, art is an amazing tool to express them.
• This project is for everyone, you don’t need to be an artist to participate.
• You can create with your family or alone.
Normally our community gathers on the field next to the Library to share the process of art making. This year, create your art in the safety of your home and share your creations with our community online.
Visit the Instagram Gallery @art_in_the_park_wellesley for more information and inspiration.
Participating is easy:
During the month of May, you can upload your art piece onto your own Instagram account and use the hashtag: #artinthehomewellesley or tag @art_in_the_park_wellesley so others can see your creations. Many of the creations will be showcased on the Art in the Home Instagram Account. (By using the hashtag you give the committee permission to repost your image on their Art in the Park account.) You can also tape your creation on your window or door at your house if you wish.
Their hope is to create a public gallery show in the future that shows a tapestry of images how our community lived through this unprecedented time.
We all can’t wait to see what you create.
Remember, we are all in this together!